My papers with discussion of the idea:
- 2/01/2014: The Quest for a Field Guide to the Microbes: talk at "Science in the River City"
- 3/08/2013: A day of field guides at #UCDavis and @Wired
- 3/01/2012 My obsession with a Field Guide for Microbes
- 2/21/2012: Slideshow w/ audio of my talk on "A Field Guide to the Microbes" from the AAAS Meeting #AAASMtg
- 11/06/11: Video of my talk from the Compass 2011 meeting in LA on a "Field Guide to Microbes"
- 10/25/09: A field guide to the microbes?
- Compass 2011: The Dark Matter of Biology.
- AAAS 2012: YouTube here.
- Slideshare: Jonathan Eisen talk on 1$ Genome
- My Ted talk
- Talk for Teen Biotech Challenge "All microbes all the time" - talk by Jonathan Eisen for Teen Biotech ...
- Post by Larry Smarr about a talk of mine from 2012.
- Holly Menninger at Your Wild Life Is a Field Guide for Microbes in Our Future? Q & A with Microbiologist Jonathan Eisen
- Daniela Hernandez at Wired: Book of Germs: A Quest for a Field Guide to Microbes
- Microbe Magazine: Genomic Analyses Could Lead to “Field Guide to Microbes
- Microbe Magazine Audio Interview: Audio interview with Jonathan Eisen
- Wired: Birds, Poop and Roadkill: A field guide to Field Guides
- Press Release from 2005 paper of mine: Genomic Analyses Could Lead to “Field Guide to Microbes
Paper I wrote in 2004 for the Defense Science Studies Group: Toward a Global Field Guide for Microorganisms. PDF here.